10.25.2009

The Search for the Great Pumpkin

I LOVE Fall. I love the crsip clean air and beautiful autumn colors. I also love doing fun fall activities like going on hayrides and visiting pumpik patches. We kicked off the fall season at Young's Dairy's Fall Pumpkin Festival. We had such a good time. Young's Dairy is a working dairy farm complete with homemade ice cream, tractors and a barn full of animals. They throw the coolest pumpkin festival at the end of September. We picked a pumpkin, rode the barrel train ride and ate pumpkin doughnut holes.

















We had the opportunity of watching this little guy take his first steps. This baby calf was born about two minutes before we walked into the barn. I caught this sweet moment where tired Momma said hello to her new baby calf for the first time. How amazing.


This is truly the wildest pumpkin patch I've ever seen. We chopped our pumpkin right off the vine.







4 comments:

Kacey said...

Looks like fun! I love it that it is warm enough for the boys to wear shorts :)

Mitzi said...

Looks like so much fun!! Your two little guys have grown up so much!

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

One of our favorite places in the fall--that picture of the cow and calf is amazing.

Sarah C said...

Matthew and Jordan are so cute. I love all the pictures at Youngs Dairy. It looks like you had so much fun.