3.27.2011

Safari Baby Shower

I'm way overdue in posting about the super cute safari baby shower I did for a friend, Melissa Dalton - I threw the shower in November and her baby is now 2 months old. Oops! :) Oh well, I had to share, even if late, because it's too cute to miss.

Melissa is one of the sweetest girls I know. She was the boys' nanny for almost a year, and they adore her. I adore her too! I wanted to do something really special for her shower. I chose the Safari theme because Melissa mentioned to me that she loves Safari decorations. Plus Melissa herself has had some experiences in Africa, so I thought the theme was fitting. I went with pale green, baby-blue and chocolate brown, with lots of animal print accents.

Invitations:
I designed the invitations to go with the theme - I love the baby and momma elephants. :)


Dessert table:
One of my favorite parts of throwing a party is putting together the dessert table. I made the cute banner out of solid and animal print scrapbook paper. Melissa's sister, Angie, helped me with the adorable zebra print cake (using my Cricut Cake). Everything looked amazing and tasted yummy.



Favors: I found some animal print fans on Oriental Trading Company and we wrapped them up with some Oreo pops that Angie made.


Decor: I didn't manage to get pictures of all the decor. We had animal print paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling. I draped the door with some mosquito netting and tied it off with some palm fronds to give the room a safari feel. I also draped mosquito netting around the chair that Melissa sat in. Finally, I turned one of my lamps into a palm tree. It turned out cute, but took FOREVER to make. :) I found the fun little baby animals at IKEA for $0.49 a piece!




No comments: