3.26.2009

What was her mother thinking?

OK, so today, my friend and I were talking about unfortunate names. Like, what if Jeremy and I named one of our sons "Harrison", with the nickname of "Harry" (yeah, you don't have to be too creative to get that one). Anyway, our conversation reminded me of one of the worst names I've heard...

This lady was a patient of Jeremy's. She named her baby girl "La-a". Jeremy asked, "So, how do you pronounce that? [Lah-ah]?" The girl looked at him strangely and said completely seriously, "No, the '-' isn't silent." ??????

Ok, so how do you think the name La-a is pronounced? It's [Luh-dash-uh].....I'm not even kidding you. Apparently, "-" is the newest letter of the alphabet and makes the sound "dash". That poor girl.

9 comments:

Vest Family said...

I don't even want to believe this "dash" information! LOL Here are some names that don't work for us:
-Tyler (Ty) Vest
-Bethany (Beth) Vest
-Taylor Vest (destined to sew)
-Seth Vest (say that one 10 times fast)
-Wesley (Wes) Vest ("West" is not cool) Of course, we could always use "Wes-Vest". LOL!

Hope you are doing well. Some day I hope to visit your cute family and meet Matthew and Jordan.
~Heather

Charity Brown said...

SO FUNNY! Cause, well, Tyler came home about a month ago and told me about that exact patient name!!! She didn't deliver at southview where Tyler works (obviously, if she's Jeremy's patient), but it had been spread across the networks I guess!

Charity Brown said...

Oh! And I know someone who's grand daugher's middle name is "Cath3ne". Pronounced "Cath-three-ne" oh brother! (I'm not 100% on the spelling they used, but yes there was a number 3 in the name!)

Charity Brown said...

Okay, sorry to do 3 posts on here, but Tyler just told me the new "worst name" heard at Southview... and this baby was actually born there. The baby's first and middle name is....
Amillion Ann-Juan!!!

Adrienne said...

Ohmigosh, Charity, Amillion Ann-Juan?! That's terrible!

Erin said...

I can't believe people and the names they give their children. One name I really like for a girl is Camille and call her Cami for short. But then she's Cami Cazee. I'm afraid people would call her kamikaze. You know, the suicide missions in World War 2.

Sarah C said...

That is so funny. Poor girl.

Morgan Wiles said...

That's just awesome! What is wrong with people??

Melissa said...

A friend of mine wants to name her daughter Adrena Lynne ... Her last name is Rush. so her kids name would be Adrenaline Rush ... So sad, but So Funny!