4.03.2009

Bookworms

Jeremy and I have always read books out loud to each other. It's corny, I know, but it's something to do together besides watch TV all the time. So, I was evil and made Jeremy read the Twilight series with me (mwha-ha-ha-ha). In my defense, he usually picks the books and they're almost always some kind of sword-slashing, gun-shooting spy books or something. It was my turn to pick and I picked the Twilight books because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Well, we're done now and I liked them quite a bit, although I was a little disappointed in the ending - romantic and happy, but somewhat anti-climatic. Surprisingly, Jeremy actually kind of liked the books too; and besides, it was nice to have someone there reading with me to poke fun at the "oh, gag me," ridiculously mushy parts. Anyway, well-done, Stephanie Meyer! I'm looking forward for the second movie to come out too. Btw, has anyone read her new written-for-adults book called "The Host"? Is it good?

6 comments:

Erin said...

I loved Twilight as well. But I agree with the last book's ending, very anti-climatic. I have not read
"The Host", but have not seen many good reviews for it. I think it is very Science Fiction. Did you see the Twilight movie too? I loved it!

Sarah C said...

I love the Twilight books and the movie. I am excited for the second movie to come out. I have not read the host. My mom and sister read it and they really liked it. I think it is cool that you and Jeremy read books together.

Kacey said...

I love it that you guys read together! I enjoyed the Twilight books, but I am holding off on seeing the movie because I fear it will be disappointing. I read The Host and really enjoyed it. It was little different, but a fun read. :)

Charity Brown said...

I haven't even really read all the Twilight books. I've read 2 of them, but Stephanie's writing style drives me nuts! Haha. Anyway, Tyler actually likes the books (his female co-workers got him into reading them because they were always talking about them and he ends up with lots of reading time while on the job). OH! and he has read the Host. He really liked it. I haven't read it.

Micaela said...

I did read The Host, and it's interesting. Certainly not great literature, but I don't think any of us expect that from Stephanie Meyer, right? =)

Elaine said...

I read it and thought is was good. She is a good story teller. Love the post about the baby name.