8.29.2009

Colorado

In July, I got to go to Boulder, CO for work. Pretty much it was all work and no play (sorry, Aliy - I really wanted to go down to Colorado Springs to see you, but I couldn't work it out!), but I did squeeze in a little play and r&r. The best part of my trip was grabbing take-out at a nearby restaurant, taking it back to my hotel and eating dinner in bed while watching TV. Ahhh...it was pure no-children-no-noise-no-stress Heaven. As for fun, I went hiking/climbing one day and took in the amazing view of the Boulder and Denver area. It really is such a beautiful place.




Also, my super-fun, amazing friend, Micaela, actually lives in the Boulder area, so I got to stay with her for a couple nights (I miss you so much, Micaela!!). It's always nice to visit wth old friends you haven't seen for a while. It really made me reminisce a little about our Seattle days - tiny apartment, no kids, staying up late every weekend to play Settler's of Catan and sleeping in the next day...ah, such fun memories!

2 comments:

Cam and Aliy said...

Oh!!! I wish I would have known!! We would have come to you too!! Miss you!

Cam and Aliy said...

btw . . . we are in Fort Collins, like 45 min north of Boulder!