1.27.2010

101 in 1001 Kickoff!

If a man knows not what harbor he seeks,
any wind is the right wind.
- Seneca



I love the start of a new year - getting a fresh outlook on my life and where I want to go in the next 365 days. Well, this time I'm looking ahead toward a few more days than just 365...1001 days to be exact. I've compiled my 101 in 1001 --> 101 goals to reach, 1001 days to reach them.

I really enjoy making goals and pushing myself, but I find that every year my good-intentioned goal setting slowly fades into oblivion. I put things off. I forget. I run out of time. That's why I 'heart' the idea of the 101 in 1001. 101 goals that are specific, perfectly attainable but still stretching, and set within a specific time period so I keep from procrastinating. Plus, I have them all documented right here so I won't forget. :-D

Many of my goals are exciting, others are serious and some are silly. I'm so excited to attempt to accomplish them all, and to document my thoughts as I grow from each one. I hope you enjoy walking with me through my journey in the next 2.75 years!

Adrienne's 101 in 1001

Start Date: January 1, 2010

End Date: September 28, 2012

  1. Go to the temple once/week for 1 month
  2. Visit a continent I've never been to before
  3. Get started on my Master's degree
  4. Complete my NYIP photography course
  5. See Jeremy's parents (with the boys) once every 3 months
  6. Read 1 classical literature book
  7. Memorize a new piano song
  8. Write my own piano song
  9. Start my own business
  10. Photograph a wedding
  11. Wear a bikini on my 30th birthday (and look good in it)
  12. Participate in a charity organization
  13. Pay off my school loans
  14. Potty train the boys --> completed 01/17/10
  15. Take a Spanish class to brush up on my conversational skills
  16. Take a writing class
  17. Learn how to use Photoshop
  18. Make my wedding video (finally)
  19. Build a bigger pantry in my kitchen
  20. Babysit my niece and nephew for a weekend so Ben & Sarah can have a getaway
  21. Tour the East Coast with Jeremy
  22. Give up T.V. for 1 month
  23. Visit 10 places out of my "1001 Places to See Before You Die" book
  24. Write a nice note to a different person every day for 1 month
  25. Go snow skiing with Jeremy (even though I hate it)
  26. Mentor a child or teenager
  27. Give out 5 Book of Mormons
  28. Take a friend to church --> completed 05/23/10
  29. Go back to Disney World
  30. Organize the closets in the bedrooms
  31. Do 100% Visiting Teaching for 6 months
  32. Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover in 3 months
  33. Blog every day for 1 month
  34. Reach my sales target for 1 quarter
  35. Get a new referral at work --> completed 05/05/10
  36. Catch up my scrapbooking
  37. Do a digital scrapbooking project
  38. Throw a party once a quarter
  39. Document my party planning ideas
  40. Be a vegetarian for 1 month
  41. Take my boys camping
  42. Run a 1/2 marathon
  43. Second shoot with a cool wedding photographer
  44. Take a photography workshop
  45. Learn how to make fondant icing
  46. Take a cruise
  47. Read 1 book per month for 3 months - just for fun
  48. Learn how to make Vickie's homemade bread (the best bread on the planet) --> completed 01/17/10
  49. Scuba dive in the Blue Hole in Belize
  50. Take a cake decorating class with Lindsey
  51. Get lighting equipment
  52. Visit Liz in Houston
  53. Update my wardrobe
  54. Organize a scrapbooking club
  55. Visit Emily R. in NJ
  56. Get clip shoes and learn to ride a bike with them
  57. Visit Emily S. & Siobhan in California
  58. Make a photobook of my blog --> completed 06/04/10
  59. Help Jeremy document his recipes
  60. See a Broadway musical or play
  61. Redo the boys' room
  62. Finish painting the wood in my house
  63. Landscape our yard
  64. De-clutter my garage
  65. Take cool landscape/nature photos and frame them
  66. Visit my sister's class
  67. Go on a double date with Lindsey and Luke
  68. Plan a family reunion somewhere fun
  69. Take Alex on a brother-sister date
  70. Attend all sessions of a General Conference (including the RS/YW broadcast)
  71. Give Collette piano lessons
  72. Create home movies of the boys' first 3 years
  73. Watch Brighton for a weekend so Brian and Collette can have a getaway
  74. Make a craft kit for ready-to-make-crafts for Matt & Jordi
  75. Learn to play golf
  76. Get an Apple computer
  77. Visit Pauline
  78. Write Pauline a letter and send pics of the boys
  79. Swim 1 mile in less than 40 minutes
  80. Visit an art museum with Lindsey
  81. Go climbing - I used to love it
  82. Take horseback riding lessons with Jeremy
  83. Join Rainmakers
  84. Make an FHE kit
  85. Sell my home gym set that I won on the Price is Right (anybody interested?)
  86. Take an all-girls trip to somewhere warm
  87. Join AAA
  88. Create an account strictly for charity giving
  89. Send Andrew a care package before he's home from his mission
  90. Make the boy's Halloween costumes
  91. Figure out how to use my talents for a good cause
  92. Reconnect with an old friend
  93. Study New Testament times history and learn more about Christ's life
  94. Go paragliding with my dad
  95. Make a new friend
  96. Take a weekend trip with just me, my sister and my mom
  97. Transfer all of our old home videos to DVD for my Mom and Dad
  98. Do something really special for my parents
  99. Take a spontaneous trip - no planning, just get on a plane and go
  100. Participate in a medical mission with Jeremy
  101. Do a surprise for Jeremy just because
*Note: I'm adding one rule to my 101 in 1001... Since life is very much subject to change and my life's goals and priorities shift from time to time, I'm allowing myself to review my list once every 6 months and to make up to 2 revisions (either changing or removing/adding a goal) in order to ensure I maximize my growth through this experience.

9 comments:

Charity Brown said...

Hey, so I started making my own fondant, and let me tell you, it is soooooooooooooooo stinkin' easy to do!!! I thought it was going to be difficult, but it's not. And the homemade fondant is so much easier to mold and tastes a million times better!!! Here's the recipe I use:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

Kacey said...

Oooh! I love it! I loved reading through your goals. You have inspired me ....now if I can only start a list. :)

Mrs. H said...

I loved this post...makes me want to do the same. I might have to copy you! haha

Jake and Em said...

I love this idea Ad!!! I can't wait to hear about your experiences throughout! You can knock out #55 & 60 in the same visit ya know! :)

Cam and Aliy said...

Love it AD!! And you should do #25 in Colorado so that you can visit us at the same time!! We'd love to see you!!

Erin said...

These are awesome! I love 86 and 92. We should have a YW (and Aliy) reunion someplace warm. Just us girls, no husbands or kids. It would be awesome!! ;-)

Adrienne said...

I know, I have a TON of traveling to do in the next couple years!! So many of my goals are related to visiting with friends - it makes me so happy! :-D

Sarah C said...

WOW!!! I am totally impressed. You are very ambitious. I loved reading all your goals. You are an amazing woman. It sounds like you have a lot of fun vacations planned. I love to read about your vacations. I love your #20. You are so sweet. I think four kids would drive you crazy. :) Your list inspired me to make more goals for myself. Thanks. Good luck with your goals. Love ya!

emily barlocker scott said...

Overachiever.... this has got to stop. You are making me look bad and I really don't feel like having twins to keep up with you.