2.20.2010

More Matthew-isms and Antics

Adorable Jordan is a ball of sunshine and is full of constant, cute chatter; however, Matthew, who is the seemingly quieter one, is my little goof-off. I've mentioned before that Matthew says and does the funniest things. Here are a few more...

Matthew: Mommy, can I have a cupcake?
Me: I don't have any cupcakes, Matt-matt.
Matthew: Do you have any cookies in your house?
Me (kind of chuckling): No, I don't have any cookies either.
Matthew: Well, maybe...maybe should we go to Grandma's house?

Ha, he knows that cookies and cupcakes are always in plentiful supply at Grandma's

********************************************
Last weekend we were visiting my parents in Indy and we went to church with them. The boys went to Primary (Sunday school for the little ones). During Primary, the kids sing songs, listen to stories and learn about Jesus. Keep in mind that, in Primary, the children are encouraged to be reverent (ie. respectful, peaceful, quiet). Well, since they were visitors, my boys were invited to come to the front of room so the rest of the kids could sing a welcome song to them. Matthew was beaming to be in front of everyone (he likes to make people laugh). The music started and as soon as the children began to sing, Matthew got down on the floor and started break-dancing. Seriously. Break. Dancing. And when Jordan realized that the rest of the kids thought it was pretty funny, he joined in with his brother.

I have to admit that it was pretty hilarious. It was so hard to keep a straight face when, afterward, I was trying to convince him that it is not appropriate to get on the floor and bust a move in the middle of Primary. Is "break-dancing" included in the definition of "reverent"? Where's my Websters...

*******************************************

Not sure if this is an appropriate forum for this one, but oh well...

The other day I was in my bedroom getting dressed and the boys ran over to me. They were excited because Matthew had just pooped. Breathless Matthew says, "Mommy...Mommy...I just pooped a big...giant...rocket poop!" Haha! Omgsh, please don't ever say that in public...

4 comments:

Kacey said...

I can't believe the boys are in sunbeams! I love the break dancing story and the poop story. :)

Adrienne said...

I know! They're as tiny as little Lindsey, but they had to move on to Sunbeams. I wish I could hold them back to Nursery!

Vickie Crouch said...

They are so cute....this one is for Susan...I came to visit and the boys were so happy to see me and everything was going fine for about an hour and then Matthew asked for his real grandma...I thought it was cute! Poor Adriene was so fluster and explained that we can have more than 1 grandma but I thought it was really funny!

Aimee said...

Matthew and Jordan are so funny. I just love seeing you guys when you are in town. :)
I couldn't call you yesterday to tell you Happy Birthday! My phone isn't working.:( I left you a message on Facebook. I hope it was a good day for you!