5.31.2010

Mother's Day Garden Party

To celebrate Mother's Day, I wanted to do something special for some of the ladies here in Dayton who have touched my life in the past four years. So, I hosted a Mother's Day Garden Party. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of all of us girls that were there, but oh well. I did capture some of the details...

The Invitations - so simple, but so cute. Made with scrapbook
paper, silk flowers and a packet of flower seeds.

The table settings/decorations - The color scheme was light pink,
dark pink and yellow. The bouquets turned out so cute, and adding
lemons to the vases was the perfect touch to bring in some of the
yellow. I incorporated the garden theme into the place settings by
adding silk flowers to the napkin rings and using silk flowers as
holders for the place cards. I also had some big tissue paper
pom-pom flowers (I found the idea on Martha Stewart)
hanging from the ceiling and they seriously looked so pretty
(unfortunately I don't have a pic of those).


The food - Jeremy was sweet enough to do the cooking (since it
was Mother's Day after all :-)). My sister helped me out with the
desserts. Everything turned out amazing! My favorite were the
adorable flower marshmallow pops - so cute! The cake was also
awesome. We used yellow Peeps to create an adorable sunflower cake.



It was such a fun time just relaxing and enjoying some girl talk. All of these girls are such an example to me and I look up to each of them in different ways. Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Charity Brown said...

So cute!!! I wish I could have come, but I ended up in the hospital having a baby. ;) I hope you'll forgive me! I'm sure it was a blast!!

Adrienne said...

Ha! Yes, you're forgiven, Charity. ;-) I sure hope I get to see that precious little girl in person sometime soon!!

Kacey said...

Fancy Schmancy! Everything looked so beautiful and the food looked so tasty. :) You are such a Martha Stewart!

Sarah C said...

Wow! That looks fun! You are a wonderful friend.