5.30.2010

In Bloom

I'm back. :-) I have no excuses for not visiting for more than a month - I just haven't really felt like blogging lately. Anyway, it's been a beautiful, exciting spring so far and I have much to catch up on...

By early summer my yard is a mess and I hate it (it's just too much to take care of), but it's an amazing place in the spring. :) All of my trees (except for one) bloom in the spring, and then I have an exquisite garden of daffodils. Some pics of my yard in full bloom:



I'm actually not sure what kind of tree this is, but it's probably my favorite in bloom. This tree has tons and tons of little pink buds and then they bloom into tiny white flowers. It's an explosion of pink and white gorgeousness. :-)

Ah, my lilac tree. Smells so sweet...

To think we almost cut this tree down during our first summer here... When we first moved in, it was more of a huge bush in the middle of the yard rather than a tree. I'm so glad we decided to trim it up rather than chop it down, because we realized the following spring that it was beautiful Red Bud tree - not a big ugly bush. Isn't it amazing?!



I'm sad that the blooms only last a few weeks! Now green leaves have replaced the flowers and we've already had a couple weeks of 80-degree weather. Summer, here we come!

No comments: