7.28.2010

Jeremy's Graduation Party

When I asked Jeremy what kind of residency graduation party he wanted me to throw for him, he said he wanted to invite just a handful of friends (he's not as much of a party animal as I am). If I had it my way, I would have invited everyone we know it Dayton :-), but we ended up just having a little gathering with a few fellow residents. Still, I do even small parties big, so there were lots of fun details and way too much food.

The theme of the party was "Old School - Celebrating the End of 28 Years of Schooling" (although I was a little wrong there - it was only 26 years of schooling. I forgot that he was on a mission for 2 years).

For the food, I only did dessert, and I decided to do a Milk & Cookies bar since it's Jeremy's absolute favorite (plus, it went well with the theme). We had all kinds of cookies, from my famous chocolate chip-toffee cookies to snickerdoodle cupcakes (recipe on marthastewart.com):





To go with the cookies, we served school lunch cartons of milk, strawberry milk and chocolate milk. My favorite thing was the striped paper straws that I found on modernlola.com.

I made the banner out of varieties of green scrapbook paper and gold ribbon (Wright State school colors). It says "Congrats Dr. Crouch".

The centerpieces were simple - just 1 sunflower and 1 white gerber daisy, bundled with a pencil. I put white paper down on the tables and set out crayons - great accents for a school theme, but also entertainment for the kids. :-) I also laid out some cute old school pictures of Jeremy.




As for the the activity, we truly partied old school style and played a little kickball. It was so fun! I love acting like a kid.



Finally, how about some pictures of the cute kiddos enjoying the treats..


4 comments:

Aimee said...

Congrats Jeremy!!

Erin said...

I can't believe how talented you are! What an amazing party you put together!! Congrats to Jeremy! I'm sure you're glad he's done with school!

Kacey said...

Great job, Adrienne! You really know how to throw a party. I'm sorry we missed it :)

Sarah C said...

WOW! You are amazing! That is a super awesome party. You are a great wife.