7.25.2010

Jeremy's Graduation

Holy cow, has it been an eventful month! I have tons to catch up on, but let's start with the most important event of the month - Jeremy's graduation! Yippeee!!! I can't believe we're done. And even more so, I can't believe we've finished it all with our marriage, family and sanity in tact! Unbelievable.

Jeremy's parents flew out and my family drove over for the blessed event. On June 19, 2010, we all got dudded up and headed to graduation which was held at a banquet hall in Carillon Park. When I put my dress on, Jordan asked, "Are you going to be a princess today, Mommy?" And then Matthew asked if he could spin me. So cute!


Jeremy won two awards.He won the CREOG award, which is an award for scoring the highest on the annual national OB/GYN competency exam, and he also won the William Nahaas Surgical Excellence award for being the best surgeon in his class (in fact many of the staff have commented through the years that Jeremy is one of the best surgeons to go through the program there). Can't tell that I'm proud of him, can you? heehee. OK, less bragging and more pictures...





This is Brian Jewell, one of Jeremy's residency buddies and his fellow "P90X graduate"

Graduating Residents: Jeremy, Phil Jones, Kelly McCluskey, Anna Schissel, Adrienne Perfilio, Alicia Thompson

OK, this is SO cute. This is our friends' little girl, Madeline. During dinner, Matthew whispered to me, "Mommy, I want to spin that girl." (by the way, he is SO girl crazy). I said, "OK, go ask her." So, he did, and Madeline got up, curtsied (!) and then asked Matthew, "Would you like to dance?" Ohmigosh, they were such a crack-up! Don't you love how he's just staring dreamily at her? haha

Jordan also developed a little crush that night. If the boys were 13, I think a fist fight might have ensued over Madeline. Ha!

And now, Jeremy is the sidekick of this guy - Dr. Steve Guy (his new partner). Yay! :-) Go fight some OB/GYN crime, you two!

Jeremy, I'm so proud of you, Sweetie-pea! Now we'll see if the 8 years of schooling and 4 years of slave labor were worth it. ;-)

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you. That is a really long hard road. I know you both worked really hard to get where you are today. You look great!