6.10.2010

Root, root, root for the home team!

We donned our baseball caps, grabbed our mitts and headed out to the Dayton Dragons baseball game. Interesting fact: last year, the Dayton Dragons sold out more games than any professional team in the country - including NFL, NBA, etc., etc (random, I know). Anywho... On that evening, the stands were packed and the weather was beautiful - we had so much taking the boys to their first baseball game!

One of the attendings at Jeremy's hospital has season passes to the Dayton Dragons and oftentimes he can't fill all 6 of his seats, so he'll give them away to the residents. The seats are on the very front row on the first baseline. In the picture below, Matthew is resting his hands on the dugout. So fun. :-)


Both of the boys were TOTALLY into it. I love Matt's expression of concentration here - so cute. Matthew was hilarious. He kept begging us to allow him to go on out on the field. About a million times, he said, "Is it my turn now?! Is it my turn now?!" or "I need my bat!" He was too adorable.



The catcher from the other team threw a ball over to the boys, and later, the umpire gave them another one. You can imagine how thrilled they were about that! My boys were in Heaven. :-)

Throughout the game, Matt and Jordi were shown on the "big screen" about five times (one of the times they were flexing their little muscles because the announcer was playing the song "Macho Man"). The crowd couldn't get enough of them. At the end of the game, they were voted "Fans of the Game!" Ha!

3 comments:

Kacey said...

So fun!! I can't wait to catch a baseball game this summer with the kids. I love it that your boys were fans of the game!!

Kirstin said...

Aaaah, now those are my kind of boys!!! If you ever get sick of going to ball games with them, just give me a call!

Sarah C said...

Matthew and Jordan look adorable in their matching shirts. I love the picture of Matt looking into the field. FUN!