1.27.2011

I'm in love...

I'm so in love with these little boys.




This is how I found my sweet boys sleeping the other night - they had fallen asleep holding hands. Their little fingers were even interlaced. How precious are they?!

I love Matthew and Jordan with all my heart. I'm so proud of the big boys that they're becoming, and I feel so blessed and honored that Heavenly Father sent two of his choicest little spirits to me.

And now a word to my little men...


Dear Matthew and Jordan,

Before the doctor even told me that I was carrying you both, I knew in my heart that I would be bringing home two little bundles in a few months' time. The ultrasound confirmed my feelings when we saw two tiny little beans there on the screen. I was pretty sure your daddy was going to pass out. I wasn't surprised at all though - I had already felt your strong little spirits.

Not very many people get to come to Earth with their best friend, you know. Whenever anyone asks you who your best friend is, your reply is always the same - "Matt-matt" or "Jordan". You boys are so blessed to have each other and I hope you never forget that. Lately your days are filled with constant imaginative play. Hardly a moment goes by that you're not pretending to be a superhero rescuing a puppy or a princess in distress, racing your "super fast" race cars around Lightning McQueen's race track, or flying high on a fire-breathing dragon destroying every monkey-in-a-barrel that crosses your path. You're certainly constant entertainment.

Matthew, you are a giver and freely give of yourself when you see that someone else is lacking. You are the biggest sweetheart, and you are in love with your mommy. You tell me at least five times a day that you love me. The other night, Daddy and I came home from a date. I went into your room to kiss you goodnight but you were still awake (waiting for me, I guess). When I walked into your room, you gasped and said, "Oh Mommy, you look beautiful!" Then you sat up and gave me a big wet kiss on the lips. Haha...like I said - you're such a little sweetheart. At the same time, you are fiercely independent (although some would call you stubborn). You're an obedient little boy, but you sure won't let anyone tell you what to do, say or think. You act like you're invincible, but at the same time, you think carefully through everything. You have such an inquisitive, analytical little mind. I love that about you. That, paired with your desire to be the class clown, turns into a lot of crazy antics and really makes for some good laughs. You constantly keep us rolling, Matthew.

Jordan, you are my little ball of sunshine. You get excited about everything. I guess you get that from your mother. :) It doesn't matter what it is - every prize and present you ever receive is "all that you always wanted", and you never forget to express immense gratitude to the giver. You are silly, energetic, creative and everything that is "fun" in the world. You still talk incessantly. Jordi, you're also a pleaser. It doesn't take much to make you cry because you hate getting in trouble or hurting someone else's feelings. Quite often you ask Mathew how much he loves you ("Matt-matt, do you love me just a little bit, or do you love me lots and lots?"), because it's ever so important to you that you know your brother adores you. You are very much in tune to the feelings of others and you're quick to lend a helping hand. Oh, and one more thing... although you have great balance on your bike and roller skates, you're also incredibly clumsy. I guess you get that from your mother too. ;)

Boys, it amazes me, the things you say and do every day. I'm so proud of the big boys you're becoming and I thank Heavenly Father every day that He chose me to be your mommy. You're growing up too quickly though, and you're always sure to remind me of that if I forget. People always told me that you would grow up fast, but I'm not sure that I believed them. Well...it's true. But, you'll always be my babies. I love you, my little sweeties.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Charity Brown said...

awwwwwwwwwwww! that is the sweetest thing ever!!!!!

Melissa said...

Those pictures will make one of the most Precious Memories! They really are lucky to have each other! We just adore them and look forward to seeing them every week!

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Aww that just melts my heart. I have ID twin boys (age 3) as well, they are three, and I always find them sleeping together cuddled, though they have separate beds, I just love that.

Sarah C said...

That is so sweet! You are a great mom. I love your little boys.