1.09.2011

A Splash-tastic 4th Birthday

Heehee, sorry, I know the title is a little cheesy. :) We had SO much fun at Great Wolf Lodge for the boys' 4th birthday! As mentioned in a previous post, Matthew and especially Jordan were insanely proud to be 4 years old. It's been a month since their birthday and still, if you talk with Jordan, the fact that he is 4 will somehow be worked into the conversation. They're so funny.

Anyway, we packed up after church on Sunday and headed down to The Great Wolf Lodge in Mason. There was a crazy snow storm on the way down there and it was the coldest two December days I can remember since I lived in Rexburg, ID. It was kind of strange to put my body in a swim suit when it was 10 degrees outside. :) We checked into our hotel and the boys were ecstatic to see this in our room:


They got their own little wolf den with a bunk bed and their own T.V.

Monday was their birthday. We went to see "Rapunzel" (LOVE that movie!!), ate lunch, went back to the hotel to swim at the waterpark and then we did the cake and presents thing.

Their favorite presents were an aircraft carrier they got from Mom and Dad, Viking helmets/axes/shields (which are "totally the real thing") from Grandma and Grandpa, and Mr. & Mrs. Potato head from Uncle Luke & Aunt Sissy.


Mommy made her boys a Lightning McQueen birthday cake. It was a labor of love, but it turned out awesome. I was so proud of myself! By the way, on the way to the hotel, the cake fell from the seat of my car to the floor. :( I'm such a dork. McQueen's face got pretty banged up, but the cake survived OK. I was just happy that I got a picture of it pre-accident!



Jordan forgot to blow out the candles (like mother, like son) so we had to do it over again. :)

As messy as he was on his 1st birthday. What is he going to do in kindergarten when I'm not there to clean off his face?? He STILL wears all is food.



Daddy and his little men

Total cuteness.


Later I'll post some pics of our fun at the waterpark...

No comments: