12.06.2010

A Knight of Murder - Murder Mystery Party 2010

This year our annual murder mystery dinner was renaissance-themed, and it was the biggest (and best) one yet. Usually the murder mystery parties we have include 8 - 10 people, but this year we had 17 people! Everyone really got into their roles and all the costumes were amazing (Jeremy was voted best costume!). I decorated our family room to look like a castle by taping up stonewall paper from floor to ceiling - it looked awesome. The table and other decorations were also beautiful. Unfortunately, when everyone left and I cleaned everything up, I realized that I took zero pictures of the room. :( Bummer! Luckily I did get a couple shots of the lovely subjects of Fernwood Manor:



Jeremy and I were the Lord and Lady of the manor. I'm so proud because I made our costumes myself! I owe so many HUGE thanks to my mother-in-law who helped me out a ton with figuring out the pattern, how to sew on some sleeves, and do some other fancy footwork that I really have no clue about, and I think the finished products turned out so great. I would never claim to be a seamstress, but I do like to tackle the sewing machine once a year for costume making. ;-)

If you're looking for a murder mystery party to throw, I totally recommend Night of Mystery. We've tried 3 or 4 other murder mystery companies, but these guys are by far the best.

No comments: