12.16.2010

Proud to be 4

We celebrated Matthew and Jordan's 4th birthday this week! We partied at Great Wolf Lodge (one of my favorite places ever) for a couple nights. Anyway more details about the big day will be posted later. What I really wanted to quickly share (before I forget) were some of the funny things Jordan has said about being 4. Matthew thinks it's really cool that he's 4 now, but Jordan thinks he's suddenly an adult...

*********************************
We were at the waterpark on Sunday (when the boys were still 3), and they weren't big enough to ride some of the slides. Well, Monday was their birthday and they were officially 4. When we got to the waterpark on Monday morning, Jordan said, "Am I big enough to ride the roller coaster slide now?" As if he had grown a foot overnight. :)

*********************************
On Monday my mom and Jordi were walking down the hallway and he told my mom, "Well, my clothes are going to be too little for me now. I guess I'm going to need to wear Daddy's clothes, or buy some new ones." Ha!

*********************************

The hotel had a breakfast buffet that served kids 3 & under for free. My parents were going to take them down to the buffet and my first thought was, "Oh geez, Jordan is going to immediately tell the lady that it's his birthday because he's so proud." So, before they went down there I said:

"OK Jordi, when you go to the restaurant, don't tell the lady it's your birthday. And, if she asks you how old you are, tell her you're 3." (nice, I know, teaching my 4 yr-old to lie)

"But Mommy, I'm 4."

"I know you're 4, Honey, but just pretend that you're 3."

"Ooookayyy..."

So, the boys go down to the restaurant with my parents, and what's the first thing to come out of Jordan's mouth?:

Jordan: "It's my birthday!"

Hostess: "Oh, Happy Birthday! How old are you?"

Jordan: "Well...my Mommy told me to tell you that..."

And then my mom clapped her hand over his mouth and said, "He's 4."

Ugh! That's what I get for trying to teach my chatty 4 yr-old to tell fibs. :)

***********************************
On Tuesday the boys and I were having breakfast, and I could tell the wheels in Jordan's head were spinning. He asks, "Mommy, am I big enough to drive now?" Ha! I thought he was joking, but when I told him "no", he goes, "Ah man! But I'm 4!" According to Jordan, 4 is the new 20.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to your cute little boys!

Melissa said...

Jordi is Hilarious!!! We Love those Boys! I should have called the Boys while you were there. Kinsley would have loved telling the Boys "Happy Birthday!" She sings the Happy Birthday song constantly since her Birthday back in October. Glad they had fun!

And you were SO asking for Jordan to tell on you to the Hostess! Hahahahaha! Too Funny!

Jake and Em said...

haha!!! I love all your updates!!! Your boys are so hilarious!! A day in the life...too funny!
CAn't believe they are 4!! wow!
So impressed that you MADE their costumes! wouldve never guessed- definitely look like they are straight from the Disney store!!