12.16.2010

#90...Check!

#90 Make the boys' Halloween costumes -
completed 10/29/10 Free Clipart Picture of a Green Check Mark. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com





The hours of costume-making paid off - the boys looked SO cute!

For Matthew's costume, I dyed a white shirt bright yellow, drew red lines with a fabric marker and sewed on big cartoon-ish buttons. I bought a yard of cow-print fabric for a couple bucks and cut out a vest. The belt buckle and gold star were cut out of cardboard and spray-painted gold. He was the darn cutest Sheriff Woody in the Wild West.

Jordan's costume was made mostly of cardboard and duct tape. I used foam for the detail pieces, and the arm bands were made out of yogurt containers and sippy cups. The whole thing was spray-painted white and then painted in detail with craft paint. I wish I had video taped Jordan's reaction when he saw the finished product. He was totally amazed at his real Buzz Lightyear costume.

My 101 in 1001

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Adrienne,
I was reading through your AWESOME list of goals to accomplish, and I decided that I will help you to accomplish goal number 31! Seeing as you ARE my Visiting Teacher and all! I'll call you and remind you if you haven't done it yet!!! ;) Melissa