3.21.2010

YAY!

My daffodils will soon be here!

Every year it seems that one day there is snow on the ground and then the next day I wake up and the whole world is in full bloom already. I always forget to take time to notice the little signs of the coming of spring - tiny buds on the trees, the first honey bee, green sprouts breaking through the dirt. So this year I've made it a point to give my full attention to my surroundings as we come out of the deep slumber of winter and rise to the sweetness that is spring. So far in the past weeks, I've noticed 2 lady bugs, a few flies and 1 bee. As I type, I'm looking at the brown buds on my favorite tree that will soon give way to beautiful purple flowers and eventually lush green leaves. I can hardly wait for the full bloom of spring, but for now I'm really enjoying all the small indications that spring is just around the corner. Yippee!

Yesterday was the perfect day to be the first official day of spring - warm and sunny. We bought a couple kites and headed to the park...



1 comment:

Jake and Em said...

Hey friend! you have an award on my blog! love ya!