9.20.2010

Columbus Zoo...again...and again

Every summer it seems that half of my photo collection are pictures of us at the zoo. :) We love going to the zoo and our favorite is the Columbus Zoo. On the Friday before Labor Day, the boys, my parents and I spent more than FIVE hours there.

All these pictures of us feeding the birds are perfect, so I couldn't just pick a few. Every time we go to the zoo we feed the lorikeets, and Matthew is always itching get one of them to land on his arm. I think these birds are pretty smart because they always seem to avoid landing on the children's arms - can't blame them. ;-) On this day, however, the birdies were so hungry that they weren't shy at all. Matthew was SO proud to be holding a lorikeet on his arm. Jordan liked it too.






At one point I think my dad had almost 10 birds land on him. It was hilarious!

The boys in deep conversation with a little birdie:

Grandpa and his two best buds

Dude, it's Crush from Nemo!

This is from a previous zoo trip, and it's not the best picture, but I wanted to show how close the kangaroos are. I love this zoo because you can get so close to the animals.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I love the ZOO. Let's go back.