9.01.2010

Hollywood Glam Bridal Sprinkle

This summer I threw a bridal sprinkle (I called it a sprinkle instead of a shower because it was a smallish gathering) for Chole, a friend of mine here in Dayton. Chole doesn't strike me as a "cutesy" person, so I knew I had to do something different. I decided on a Hollywood Glam theme. It turned out fantastic! The colors I worked with were red, black and gold, and of course I introduced as much shimmery bling as possible.

The invitations Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the invitations, but they turned out way cute. To set the stage for my Hollywood theme, the invitations were made to look like movie tickets and they said:

You're cordially invited to the Hollywood premier of
A Love Story
Starring Chole Baran and Tom Hilsdorf

Guests were encouraged to come "dressed for the red carpet" (and yes, I did have a red carpet).

The Food

The dessert table looked gorgeous and coordinated with my color scheme. The foods each had marriage-themed labels, like "Hey, Cupcake" and "Honey-do, Honey-don't Ginger Honey Crunch". My favorites (and the best tasting) were the "Makin' Whoopie Pies." They were red velvet whoopie pies and you can find the recipe at bakerella.com.

The Details

Like I said, I tried to include as much bling as possible, so you'll see the candles, vases and some food containers are all adorned with little crystals. I sprinkled the extra crystals all over the room. For the pillar candles, I used a similar idea as HWTM. I printed off images of classic Hollywood stars (again, to bring in some Hollywood glam) and wrapped them around white pillar candles. I then wrapped some red ribbon around the candles and put cute studded labels on them (found at any scrapbooking or craft store) that said "XOXOXO", "you & me" and "mr. & mrs.". I was so happy with the way they turned out. Cute! When combined with vases filled with red roses (bought for $2/dozen in the clearance floral section at Kroger!), you get a totally glamorous look.





Another favorite is the "Love Note Tree". I bought a couple fake branches at Hobby Lobby and spray painted them gold. I also spray painted a vase gold and then hot glued some red roses to the branches. In a bowl, I left some note cards for guests to write pieces of advice to Chole. The note cards had loops of ribbon secured to them so they could be hung on the tree branches. At the bottom of the tree, I put a sign "Leave a Love Note for the Bride-to-Be." It made for a great keepsake for the bride to take home.




I also made a banner to hang over the dessert table. It said "Chole & Tom".


After some mingling and games, a few of us stayed up late to watch a chick flick (ever seen License o Wed? I love that movie.).


And finally, a shot of the glamour girls. It was such a fun night of celebrating and we had tons of fun with the bride-to-be!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I know you're great at your job... but you should really consider Party Planning! That party was so much fun! As are ALL of the parties that you throw! Love ya! Melissa

Kori said...

That was a blast! Thanks for the invite!

Sarah C said...

Oh my goodness. You are amazing. I have never seen parties as awesome as you do them. You go all out. I am so impressed. Looks like fun.