9.12.2010

Families Are Forever

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We believe that the family is central to God's plan for us here on Earth, and one of the greatest blessings that God gives us is the ability to return to live with Him in Heaven with our families. As part of God's plan, He has blessed us with temples. When Jeremy and I were married in the temple, we were sealed together for all eternity. When Matthew and Jordan were born to us, they became a part of this heavenly promise - sealed to us forever. I'm so grateful for this blessing and for the knowledge I have that I will be together with my family forever. If you would like to learn more about temples or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, please click here.

As mentioned in a previous post, I had the amazing opportunity to witness the sealing of my best friend's adopted baby boy to his new eternal family. When a child is born to parents who are sealed in the temple, that child is automatically sealed to them; however, when a child is adopted, the parents must return to the temple so the adopted child may be sealed to them and join their eternal family. What a wonderful experience this was! I was deeply touched as I watched little baby S, all dressed in white, lay his tiny hand on his mommy and daddy's hands and be united with them for all eternity. Trust me - there was an over-abundance of happy tears. :-)

The coolest thing about this situation: My friends had tried for years to have a baby when they finally decided that adoption was the right path for them. Months into the adoption waiting game, my friend ended up getting pregnant. When my friend was just a couple weeks along, a sweet girl contacted her to ask if she would adopt her baby! Baby Boy S joined their family through adoption this past winter, and just a few months later, my friend gave birth to a perfect baby girl. How amazing is that?! As you're well aware, I have twins myself and I know that my boys were sent down to Earth together for a reason. They were meant to come to our family at the same time. In the same respect, even though it was through some unusual circumstances, I know that cute Baby S and Baby K were meant to join this sweet family at the times that they did. It never ceases to amaze me how aware God is of us and how much He blesses us!

And now for some pictures. Aren't these babies beautiful?!




4 comments:

Erin said...

Awesome! Beautiful pictures!

RAL said...

I love this post ADI! I got chills all over as I read it. I'm so happy you were able to come and be a part of our special day. I'm so sad you were sick. :(
I miss you so much and love that we were able to get some time with you even if you did have your run in with Friday the 13th "luck" LOL!
I LOVE these pictures. You'll have to send me some of them :)

Love you!

Aimee said...

I have been anxiously waiting for this post! I love it! Love the pictures too. I was so sad I couldn't be there with everyone. Miss you guys! :) We need to have a movie night sometime.

Sarah C said...

That was a special post. The two babies are so sweet. I am very happy for Liz. It is wonderful to have an eternal family.