9.20.2010

#45...Check!

#45 Learn how to make fondant icing - completed 08/09/10 Free Clipart Picture of a Green Check Mark. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com






Gorgeous, aren't they?! As my first post-residency purchase, I bought myself a new Cricut Cake. So, I decided it was time for me to learn how to make fondant icing. :-) I used this recipe: http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm (thanks, Charity!) and it turned out beautifully. I covered the cakes in marshmallow fondant and then cut out gum paste decorations. I also made some Lightning McQueen sugar cookies with gum paste Lightning McQueen cutouts (sorry, no pictures). Now I'm quite obsessed with making this stuff and I'm pretty sure we're all going to get fat because of it. So please, give me a reason to make a cake so I stop making them "just because". ;-)

My 101 in 1001

No comments: